Tuesday, October 24, 2017

2017-Whitewater Memorial State Park



The weather was perfect so we decided to load up the camper for a quick trip over to the Brookville Lake for weekend.  The trip included fishing the East fork of the Whitewater River tailwaters.  We left home around 1:00 p.m. and arrived at the campground around 3:15 p.m.  We set-up camp and I strung both flyrods in anticipation of some good fishing.  I had been watching the depth and flow all week and the depth was at 3.61 feet and the flow was around 258 cubic feet per second.  The water was slightly muddy and there was a lot of debris flowing downstream.  I fished a combination of nymphs and red worm drop or another nymph with a weight and indicator, and tried a black streamer on Saturday, and nymphs on Sunday.  I might have had 1 strike but again the fish won.  I found out when I was leaving that a white streamer was working very well.  I picked the wrong color.



I rode my bike down to the lake and took a few sunset pictures.



Friday night sunset over Whitewater Lake








We purchased a Camp Chef Campfire and enjoyed sitting around the warm fire.  No more firewood and no more smoke unless we are in a crowed campground like we were.  The haze and the noise (other campers didn't abide by quiet hours and the noise continued until 2am.



Blue Heron

White Ducks



Saturday Morning


 Sunday Morning




It was a fun weekend to get away, even if I didn't catch a fish.

2 comments:

  1. John, any day on the water with fly rod in hand is a good place to be! Tight lines!

    ReplyDelete